The ASTRA Toolbox¶
The ASTRA Toolbox is a MATLAB and Python toolbox of high-performance GPU primitives for 2D and 3D tomography.
We support 2D parallel and fan beam geometries, and 3D parallel and cone beam. All of them have highly flexible source/detector positioning.
A large number of 2D and 3D algorithms are available, including FBP, SIRT, SART, CGLS.
The basic forward and backward projection operations are GPU-accelerated, and directly callable from MATLAB and Python to enable building new algorithms.
The source code of the ASTRA Toolbox is available on GitHub.
- ASTRA v1.7.1beta for Windows 64 bit CUDA/MATLAB: astra-1.7.1beta-matlab-win-x64.zip
- ASTRA v1.7.1beta for Windows 64 bit CUDA/Python 2.7: astra-1.7.1beta-python27-win-x64.zip
- ASTRA v1.7.1beta for Windows 64 bit CUDA/Python 3.4: astra-1.7.1beta-python34-win-x64.zip
- ASTRA v1.7.1beta Source Code for Linux: astra-1.7.1beta.tar.bz2
- ASTRA v1.7.1beta Source Code for Linux, with MPI support: astra-1.7.1beta_MPI.tar.bz2
For compiling on Windows we only provide Visual Studio 2008 and 2012 project files. We have also packaged a set of external libraries and headers for all the build dependencies:
If you use the ASTRA Toolbox for your research, we would appreciate it if you would refer to the following paper:
- W. van Aarle, W. J. Palenstijn, J. De Beenhouwer, T. Altantzis, S. Bals, K. J. Batenburg, and J. Sijbers, “The ASTRA Toolbox: A platform for advanced algorithm development in electron tomography”, Ultramicroscopy (2015), http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ultramic.2015.05.002
Additionally, if you use parallel beam GPU code, we would appreciate it if you would refer to the following paper:
- W. J. Palenstijn, K J. Batenburg, and J. Sijbers, “Performance improvements for iterative electron tomography reconstruction using graphics processing units (GPUs)”, Journal of Structural Biology, vol. 176, issue 2, pp. 250-253, 2011, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jsb.2011.07.017
The ASTRA Toolbox is open source under the GPLv3 license.